Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sweet Deal!

I just got some chemical fertilizer spread today on the pastures and now it is raining!!! It is really good to rain after fertilizing as some of the fertilizer would be lost to the air if it didn't rain.

I don't normally put chemical fertilizer on, but the pastures just aren't growing as well as they used to and the grass is thin in spots. I did do a soil test and put on a bit less than it called for (I don't like the idea of contributing to the problem of too much fertilizer and fertilizer ending up in lakes and the sea.) I do spread all of my manure, but don't have enough to do everything. The organic fish fertilizer didn't really make much difference last year. I hope this helps along with the rain to make lots of grass!

Now to put everyone back out on grass....

No comments:

Post a Comment