Monday, January 12, 2009

Lock yarn


This lock yarn has a Shetland lamb yarn warped in mohair and then plied with cotton thread.

This lock yarn has a Shetland lamb yarn warped in mohair and then plied with cotton thread.

This lock yarn is 100% mohair. It is very soft and very shiny! It has a cotton binding thread.

This lock yarn is 100% natural colored mohair it is soft and shiny. It has a cotton binding tread.


These skeins are 2-3 oz. and are $14-21 ea. (depending on weight.)

e-mail me with an questions ps23farm@yahoo.com .

2 comments:

  1. I was sent a sample of Cotswold locks and challenged to try something new. Can you tell me how to use them to make "lock yarn"?

    The Shetland/silk noil roving hasn't arrived yet, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hand pick or fluff the locks slightly and then spin!(I spin some "cross ways" and some like you would combed locks.) I don't know how it will work with wool.(Ex: kid mohair and fine yearling don't make lock yarn because they are not "stiff" enough.)

    I sent the roving on the Jan. 1st or 2nd.


    Laura

    ReplyDelete